Saturday, March 24, 2012

Thank You & a little randomness...

This post is going to be some randomness! My brain is in a million places so you're probably in for a treat :)

First, I want to say that tonight is the North Carolina Blogger/Teacher meet up and I'm super excited.  I never thought I would be so excited to go sit with a room full of strangers and eat.  Yet, I can't wait :) Funny little story...
Last night, I called to verify our reservations at the restaurant.  Well, the number was disconnected!!!  I chose a Mexican restaurant a little ways from my house and began to realize this could really be happening.  I went into panic mode wondering what I was going to do if the restaurant had closed down?!? Then, I calmed down and realized that I had just dialed the number wrong! All is well and the restaurant is sill in business. No worries. I have everything under control :)
 I will update you and hopefully post pictures of all the fun tomorrow.

Second, I am having a sale in my TPT store all weekend.  The sale is just to say THANK YOU! Thank you to my followers, thank you to everyone who leaves sweet comments on my blog, and thank you for all the positive feedback on TPT! It really warms my heart each and every day.


Third, and totally unrelated to teaching, I got a Brazilian Blowout for my hair.  This is the first time that I've done this so I monitored the results like a hawk.  It's been about 2 weeks and I'm happy to say that I love the results.  In a nutshell, it makes my hair easier to manage.  When I straighten my hair it stays straight.  Normally, when it rains, I could walk outside and begin to feel my hair growing bigger and bigger....well,  not anymore! The Blowout seems to have made my hair resistant to moisture in the air.  For those of you with hair that you struggle to  make straight each day, I know you can appreciate this! For the busy life of a teacher...it's one less thing to have to worry about. 

Last, I have a random idea for a giveaway where everyone is a winner! I am going to add the details to that post today and let you in on it tomorrow! 

Oh and as I finish this post, I would like to say that every day this week has been sunny and beautiful...well, it's Saturday morning, I actually have some time to myself and wouldn't you know it ~ it's gloomy and raining!
(KPM Doodles)

Have a wonderful Saturday! 
 

11 comments:

  1. Have fun at your meet up. I'm totally jealous!! We are still trying to put together a meet up in our area.

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your hair is fabulous! Your profile pic. shows how pretty you are. Wait until you see muy hair!
    Wondering what I am going to order tonight. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at your meetup! I had such a great time at our Michigan meetup earlier this year.

    I'm going to have to investigate this Brazilian Blowout thing...My hair gets crazy in the humidity and I'd love something that helps keep it straight...

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at the meet up! I am sooo jealous! The only thing bringing me any joy is that I am going to dinner at my favorite restaurant tonight :)

    What exactly is a Brazilian blowout? My hair is naturally curly, but I straighten it every day. So, of course, any amount of moisture makes it start to frizz or curl.

    Natalie
    TeacheryTidbits

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie,
    It's a hair treatment but not necessarily a straightening treatment if that makes any sense. I had it done at the salon and she put a cream on my hair. Let it sit. Washed it out. Dried and flat ironed my hair. Washed it again. Dried it and it dried straight without a flat iron! I do have to flat iron it now but once I do it's straight. However, it does take curl better when I curl it. So I'm not sure how it works exactly. I just know that when I go out in the rain my hair doesn't go crazy like is has my whole life. I also have a cream mask that I put on my hair to keep up the blowout. It makes my hair feel so soft I love it! Hope that helps.

    @Tania - I'm so excited to eat Meixican food!
    Randi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun at the meet-up! Can't wait to hear about the giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the NC Meet-up! We had great company, great food and great conversations!! Keep the blogging tips coming; I can't wait to get past my amateur blogging phase. :)

    BTW - your hair looks fabulous! Love how straight it is, even on a rainy day.

    Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a great time last night!
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs